Wednesday 10 August 2011

Freelance ... Love It.

Having spent a large chunk of my acting career doing 8 shows a week and fitting photography and filming projects around them, it's taken me a couple of years to really adjust to the true nature of freelancing. It's fantastic.

For the first few months I felt I wasn't working hard enough, I had a real sense of guilt when 17:30 came around and I wasn't heading into town for the warm up. I felt naughty if I was out in the evening or on a matinee day.

All change now though. Learning scripts overnight, turning around photo clients contact sheets  in 4 hours, and I've almost, got time for a social life. I've even had to buy a whiteboard to keep track,

So to all the true freelancers out there, who work to hard, It's time to enjoy the down time and rest up. Who knows when we'll next get a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment