Saturday 15 October 2011

Thank You - Hin Pang

It's nice to able to report a good thing.

Yesterday I had a mentoring session with Canon UK's Hin Pang.

All arranged by Calumet, I was at first a bit reticent, can something free really be anything more than a chance for Calumet and Canon to sell me more stuff. To my surprise, it was fantastic. No selling from anyone.

I had booked it to chat about the video capabilities of my 5DmkII, but as I'm shooting a wedding next week, I decided to used my session to investigate Location Flash Photography.

I love a challenge; on a film set using available light or in the studio with my Elinchrom strobes, but using a Canon Speedlight on location has always seamed like a dark art to me. Of course, I understand the concepts of ambient light adjustment blah... blah... blah, but there is nothing like having an expert confirm and enhance your skills.

I was blown away as to just how versatile the Canon Speedlights are, they are not just for giving Aunty Mavis red-eye, they add a whole new level of creativity to location shooting.

So, again,

Thank you Hin Pang

... if you get the chance of a Canon mentoring session, I suggest you take it.

Laters

No comments:

Post a Comment